Friday, May 18, 2007

State of the feature.

"So... how's the movie coming." I've been hearing this a lot lately. In fact, "KidAt40" just asked that question in the form of a blog comment. Which means I'm probably not doing my job as a blogger. Anyway...

The short answer is "good, but slow." Like I said yesterday, you really do have to fight for every shot when you're making a nearly-no-budget movie. I'd say Interplanetary is tougher than usual, because it's a nearly-no-budget-slightly-epic-sci-fi-horror movie.

At this point, I have about 15 minutes (17%) of the movie cut together. I've shown the cut footage to a few cast and crew folks, and the reactions have been very positive so far. One of the big things we're waiting for, our Monster, will hopefully be ready and in front of the camera next weekend. I'm really excited about this -- I've seen the sculpts that Jonathan is using as the basis for the Monster "suit," and they're really unbelievable. As in "I can't believe something that cool is going to be in our movie."

Also, as we're running behind schedule, we're under the gun to get our "studio" stuff finished so the good folks at Atrox can get back to their bread and butter business of hosting a scary Halloween attraction. We're going to try to get done there around the end of June. After that, we plan to do some location shooting at DeSoto Caverns, Sloss Furnaces, Wade Sand and Gravel...

But that's a ways off. This weekend, it's back to Atrox...

No comments: