Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Award!

In case you haven't heard, Interplanetary won the audience choice award for best Alabama film at Sidewalk 2009! And Chris Hilleke (one of the cinematographers on Interplanetary) won the audience choice award for best short film! Here's a photo of our actual award, which is a big honkin' metal statue...


As you might guess based on the award, the Sidewalk Interplanetary screening went really well. We had big, receptive audience and a lively Q & A post-screening.

Thanks to the audience, the Sidewalk staff, and, especially, all the folks who worked together to make Interplanetary.

11 comments:

KidAt40 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KidAt40 said...

that's awesome! Congrats! Wish I could've been there. Any chance of me getting a pre-release DVD?

Somer Miller said...

SWEET! Can Lily use that bad boy as part of her "contraption" for her little movie project? :) SUPER cool! I'm extremely proud of you! I've told all of my friends and I'm about to tell everyone at my school about it by putting the B'ham News article of you on our staff bulletin board. Too cool...

Chance Shirley said...

KidAt40: Thanks man! Can the DVD wait 'til I hear back from Atlanta's film fest? Might be submitting to that one.

Somer: You know Lily can have whatever she needs from me for her movie project. And I'm really glad you guys made it up to the screening!

KidAt40 said...

Best of luck with ATL Film Fest. I should be able to make it to that one.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The award is well-deserved!

Christopher said...

It's a shame Steve Ashlee, who also worked on this film, wasn't at the screening. He is, without a doubt, the best cinematographer in the Alabama area.

Chance Shirley said...

I, too, hate that Steve missed the Carver screening -- and he is damn genius!

Evelyn said...

Hi Chance. Gabrielle Metz introduced me to you in Birmingham during Sidewalk. I didn't see the film there, but I plan to see it in LA. Congrats on the award.

Chance Shirley said...

Thanks, Evelyn! Be sure to say "hi" if you make it out to the screening.

Unknown said...

psst... congrats chance!