Thursday, September 24, 2009

The most wonderful time of the year.

I've been busy this week, trying to get ready for this weekend's Sidewalk Moving Picture Festival. The upcoming fest is Sidewalk's 11th. At this point, it's my second favorite annual event (as a child at heart, Christmas is still #1). Sidewalk brings films, filmmakers, and fans together to watch movies, talk movies, and drink beer. And it brings them together in Northside Birmingham, a cool part of the city that is, sadly, under-utilized for much of the year.


Sidewalk #11 is extra special for me, as I'll have a film (Interplanetary, which you might be familiar with) in the fest for the first time in five years. It's been too long!

I hope you'll check out the festival, and I especially hope you'll attend the Interplanetary screening on Sunday, 4:15 p.m. at the Carver Theatre. You can get ticket information here.

A few links to hopefully get you in the mood for Sidewalk...

Sidewalk's Interplanetary page

Interplanetary Facebook page - Be a fan!

Interview with me on Fox 6. (Warning: I am a pretty awful TV interviewee.)

Interview with Lisa Mason at Birmingham's Eagle. (Down at the bottom, in the "Lisa's Links" section.)

Interview and review at Examiner.com.

I also have heard that there might be some Interplanetary coverage in this week's Birmingham Weekly newspaper, so keep an eye out for that.

And here's a picture of Kyle "Jackson" Holman from Interplanetary...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really looking forward to it. I really liked "Hide and Creep", and can't wait to see how you did with a little more experience under your belt!

This will be my first time attending the festival. Went ahead and got the weekend passes, as going out and watching a bunch a movies seems like a pretty decent way to spend a weekend. Should be fun.

Chance Shirley said...

I think you'll enjoy it -- looking like a good slate of movies all around! If you see me wandering around, be sure to say "hi."