Friday, February 29, 2008

Just when I thought...

...I was getting caught up, this week kicked me in the arse. Filming on Sunday, Cutters recording on Monday, a nearly twelve-hour day job shift on Tuesday followed by an Exhibit(s) band gig Tuesday night... whew.

First part of Sunday's filming went well, after a hurried change of location (the quarry location we'd picked out had been blasted and, therefore, did not exist anymore). The afternoon was rough due to technical issues (we were trying to film an in-buggy conversation, but the actors couldn't hear each other--guess we should have built real working radios into the space helmets). All the same, it was good to have the camera on my shoulder again, and we had a great crew for the day, including Justin, who'd worked on Michael Clayton and, most recently, NBC's Heroes. Clayton to Interplanetary--how's that for contrast?

After wrapping for the day, Justin, Sanford, Hilleke, and I went down to Matthew's bar for beers and to cheer on Clayton via the Oscar broadcast (yay, Tilda Swinton!).

Things don't look to be slowing down anytime soon. Another Exhibit(s) show tonight, a little filming on Saturday, and a Wilco show in Nashville on Sunday. I'm going heading out of town for the day job on Tuesday, but at least maybe I'll be able to get some blogging done in the hotel room.

No comments: