Monday, January 22, 2007

Who says you can't find a desert in Alabama?

Our new friend Tim gave Carl and I a tour of Wade Sand and Gravel yesterday. There's a massive quarry over there that we're hoping to use for some exterior Mars shots. Here's a shot of Carl standing in the quarry...



We'll obviously have to wait 'til that large pool of water dries up before we do any shooting in that particular spot.

DP Jim Roberson also stopped by the set at Atrox to do some preliminary lighting tests...



And that's not all -- it's been a busy week. I'll try to post an in-depth recap soon.

2 comments:

Erik said...

Looks great -- I wanna stop by and visit the set sometime!

Tim Poe did Sidewalk's award sculptures for year one and two. Make sure he shows you some of his work.

Andrew Bellware said...

That looks great! Desert in Alabama! That's good, 'cause I must needs me some desert in New Jersey.