Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Exit strategy.

Sometimes I feel like George W. Bush, like I've initiated an expensive, dangerous, and likely ill-advised crusade without a clearly-defined exit strategery strategy.

When I got an email from a gentleman who is programming some films for an upcoming sci fi convention, I took it as a sign. A sign that said "make a plan." So Ted and I now plan to get a reel or so of Interplanetary ready to screen at the previously-noted convention in late May. Yes, that's May 2008.

Ted suggested we assemble the end of "Act 2" and the beginning of "Act 3," where the proverbial sh!t really hits the fan for our Interplanetary characters, and that's what we're going to do. It'll be great to complete this part of the movie because (1) from an editing standpoint, it will be the most difficult and (2) if any segment of the movie is going to entertain an audience, it's this one.

While I was in a planning mood, I went ahead and scheduled shoot dates that should wrap all of our interior scenes. If those dates come together, I'm hoping to finish up exteriors during a couple of weekends in May, and that'll put everything in the can except for some big effects shots (explosions!) and miscellaneous pickup shots.

I'll tell you more about the specifics of the convention after everything is firmed up. Until then, keep your fingers crossed for us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get us out of Mars! No blood for space oil!

Andrew Bellware said...

Making this movie for 100 years would be fine with me.

Chance Shirley said...

Wade -- you slay me, as usual.

Andrew -- that's easy for you to say. You'll end up finishing four or five movies during the time it takes me to get done with Interplanetary!

Anonymous said...

Yeeee haa!!