Thursday, April 10, 2008

"Other Worlds Than These" episode 030.

030: I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing.

Screenwriter Josh Friedman's blog, I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing, is low on the quantity (at the moment, his most recent post is from February 4), but the guy's been busy running that Terminator TV show, so cut him some slack. When he does get around to a new post, you can count on it being well-written and often laugh-out-loud funny. And the guy doesn't pull too many punches, so if you've ever wondered what it might be like to make a living as a "Hollywood" screenwriter, his stuff is worth a read.

I was going to list a few of my favorite quotes from Friedman's blog, but...

  1. It's more fun if you read them in context.
  2. My favorite Friedman quotes are profane, and I'm trying to keep this operation PG. Or at worst PG-13.

If you're looking for somewhere to start, try "The Koepp and I" part one and two, the epic tale of Friedman's campaign to get a (deserved) screenwriting credit on Spielberg's War of the Worlds.

No comments: