Thursday, November 22, 2007

"Other Worlds Than These" episode 011.

011: Grindhouse.

I was going to direct you to Grindhouse, a great example of filmmakers working to give their audience maximum bang for the buck. When it played in theaters, Grindhouse included two full-length feature films (Planet Terror and Death Proof), plus a few fake "preview of coming attraction" trailers.

I guess people thought Grindhouse was too good of a deal, because they mostly didn't go see it.

As a result, the powers that be (Dimension Films), didn't release a Grindhouse DVD. They released the two features separately. And you have to look around on the internet to find the trailers.

Like this one (particularly appropriate for today):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UH3ihpscL8M

That link is not even safe for work, by the way.

If Dimension ever releases a real Grindhouse DVD, check it out.

And have a Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Andrew Bellware said...

I enjoyed Planet Terror. And one of our actresses from Millennium Crisis was in the Werewolf Women of the S.S. trailer.
How how how? How could they not release those trailers on DVD?

Chance Shirley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephen said...

I enjoyed both separately and can't wait to see the two movies put back together. I figured it would have happened by now for the Christmas season, but what do I know?

Anonymous said...

Death Proof was the first bad film for Tarantino. I never thought the day would come when I would say that. I enjoyed Planet Terror a lot however.