Monday, December 31, 2007

Drums!

Stacey and her parents and my parents all got together and got me a new drum kit for Christmas. It rocks! Unfortunately, this cell phone cam photo doesn't quite do justice to the silver sparkle finish...



Also, Stacey's and my good pal Ces got us the new Futurama "Bender's Big Score" DVD for Christmas, and it's great. "Score" is a feature-length follow-up to the once criminally-underrated Futurama TV show, and it's nice to see that the Futurama creative staff hasn't lost their edge over the last couple of years.

3 comments:

Andrew Bellware said...

Gretsch makes hands down my favorite drum kits. I just love the sound. Back in the '80's the drummer in a band I started called "Pavlov and the Drooling Dogs" had a Gretsch kit... and now I'm all wisty about it

Nick T said...

what a nice gift! a good friend of mine has a Gretsch kit, and he loves it more than Sonor or Ludwig.

my mom got me a banjo for christmas -- maybe we could start a stripped down folk-rock duo -- "The White Strips" hehe....

Happy Holidays, Chance!
nick

Chance Shirley said...

Yeah, I was a big fan of Gretsch kits, even before I got my own. The new kit sounded good on New Year's Eve, and I expect it'll only get better as it gets a little more broken in.